Last updated: December 5, 2023
Joyful Balance LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the Joyful Balance Online website (the “Site”, “Website”, or “Service”) and any of its related content, products, and services (collectively, “Services”). The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of the Website or Services.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Website or Services, we may collect personal information from you so that we can provide you with a positive experience when utilizing our Website or Services. We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. We will only collect the minimum amount of information necessary for us to fulfill our obligation to you. Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) may include, but is not limited to:
- Name and email address. These could be collected for a number of reasons, including but not limited to:
- So we can deliver our emails, free downloads, promotions, and newsletters to you – you would be affirmatively consenting to this by providing this to us in our signup forms.
- So that you can complete our contact form to send us a message or a question. We may send you marketing emails with your consent if the message or question that you send (through the contact form or other forms of communication) is in regard to this and specifically asks us to do so.
- So that you can leave a comment. The name you provide will be visible to other viewers once your comment is approved. The email you provide in this case will only be viewable by us and will not be visible to other viewers. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
- So you can voluntarily enroll and participate in certain services, such as the Joyful Balance Health Coaching Program.
- Billing information including name, address, and credit card information. These could be collected so that we can process payment to deliver our Services to you under our contractual obligation.
Please note that giving us the Personal Information above is voluntary, and by you providing this information to us you are giving consent for us to use, collect and process this Personal Information. You are welcome to opt-out or request for us to delete your Personal Information at any point by contacting us at [email protected]. We will not share your Personal Information with any third parties (unless specifically noted in a co-branded offer or promotion when necessary to fulfill our obligation to you – in this case it will be made clear to you what information will be shared and you will have the option of giving this information voluntarily).
If you choose not to provide us with certain Personal Information, you may not be able to participate in certain aspects of our Website or Services.
The Site and its related third parties may collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. This information helps us to detect spam, provide relevant ads, and also provides us with information on the performance and use of the Website.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use “cookies” to collect, store, and track information for security and personalization, to operate our Website and Services, and for statistical purposes. Using cookies allows us to help personalize your online experience. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent if you choose. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Website or Services.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website or Services, to provide one of our Services on our behalf, to perform Service-related services, or to assist us in analyzing how our Website or Services are used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. We review the practices and policies of the third parties that we utilize and only use ones that we feel have appropriate practices and are necessary for the use of our Site and Services.
Some of the third parties that we utilize include, but are not limited to, the following:
- We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our Website. Google Analytics gathers information about Website use by means of cookies. The information gathered relating to our Website is used to create reports about the use of our Website.
- We use the anti-spam service, Askimet. Askimet collects information about visitors who comment on our Site in order to reduce the risk of spam and malicious content. This includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
- We use MailerLite to deliver communications upon your request and agreement. MailerLite may collect Personal Information and Log Data in order to provide this service and provide us with statistics.
- Facebook and its affiliates and companies process data on an advertiser’s behalf in order to measure the performance and reach of advertising campaigns and report back insights about the people who saw and interacted with the ads.
- We use Practice Better in order to provide certain services, such as the Joyful Balance Health Coaching Program. Practice Better may collect Personal Information in order to operate and provide certain services.
- We utilize Wordfence and Jetpack services for website security and performance purposes, such as protecting against viruses and providing us with backups of Website content.
- Payment processing on our Site is handled by payment service providers, typically Square. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. The transaction data provided to our third-party payment service providers is governed by their Privacy Policies.
If you have any questions regarding the third party companies that our Site and Services use, you can email your questions to [email protected].
We may permit certain third-party companies to help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to users and to collect and use other data about user activities on the Website. These companies may deliver ads that might place cookies and otherwise track user behavior.
This Site is currently affiliated with Google AdSense for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site. Google AdSense collects and uses certain data, including cookies, for advertising purposes.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You acknowledge that (i) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (ii) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and the Website and Services cannot be guaranteed; and (iii) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party, despite best efforts. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site or Services without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
Links To Other Sites
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this Site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Site may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Site. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect Personally Information from children under 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any Personal Information through the Website and Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided Personal Information to us through the Website and Services, please contact us to request that we delete that child’s Personal Information from our Services. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information through the Website and Services without their permission.
Sale of Business or Assets
In the event that the Site or substantially all of its assets is sold or disposed of as a going concern, whether by merger, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, the information we have collected about you may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with that transaction.
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing. You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by sending us an email at [email protected].
For California Residents
For any Personal Information subject to the CCPA/CPRA, we shall not: (i) sell the Personal Information; (ii) retain, use, or disclose the Personal Information for any purpose other than for the specific purpose of performing the Services; (iii) retain, use, or disclose the Personal Information for a commercial purpose other than providing the Services; or (iv) retain, use, or disclose the information outside of the direct business relationship between us and you and to the extent that is clarified in this Policy. California residents have the right to request from us the categories of personal information that we have shared and the categories of third parties to whom the information was provided, as well as ask us to erase your personal data. To make such a request, please contact us at [email protected]. To be clear we do not share your Personal Information with third parties, other than those that are necessary for the maintenance and operation of the Website and Services (as described in this Policy).
We may collect information about you through other methods not mentioned in this Policy, including research surveys, social media platforms, verification services, data services, or public sources. We may combine this data with previously mentioned data in order to maintain a more thorough profile. This information may be used to create a better user experience for the Site or Services, diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions on the Site, better understand how the Site is used, and make personalized recommendations to you.
Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena.